1. Turn off lights when not in use.
2. Use public transportation whenever possible.
3. Only wash dirty dishes when the dishwasher is full and let them air dry.
4. Set your computer on “sleep mode” after 15 minutes of non-use.
5. Take short showers and install “water saver” shower heads.
6. Turn off the television when not in use.
7. Do not exceed speed limit and and maintain steady speed when driving.
8. Check doors and windows and eliminate wind leaks and drafts using caulking and weather stripping.
9. In winter, dress warmly and set the thermostat to 68 degrees during the day and 60 degrees or lower at night. During the summer, dress lightly and set the thermostat to 78 degrees or higher.
10. Replace burned-out incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.